Warning: TONS of baby pictures to follow, because I just can’t help myself.
Z is modeling the Latte Baby Coat in these pics. I used Cascade Eco+ in Lichen for the yarn, and I used all but a few yards to make the 2T-3T size. I like to err on the big side.
The hood on this jacket is great. When it’s up it stays up easily and doesn’t seem to bother Z at all. Sometimes she enjoys ripping off hats and hoods. This one doesn’t bother her, which is a big bonus. I think it also looks a little gnome-like. I didn’t add any extra buttons. I think the placement of the four buttons works well to keep the coat closed, while allowing freedom of movement on the lower half. I did add an extra row of garter stitch after the buttonholes, because I didn’t like binding off immediately after buttonholes as specified in the pattern. The basketweave stitch is simpler than it looks, though fairly slow going. The knit flew by before I got to that part. I hope she can wear this next year too. When not buttoned, it looks ridiculously huge, but it’s fine buttoned, and it isn’t large enough to encumber any of her exuberant play.