Ok, this baby has been done and even steam blocked for about a month now. I have no great excuses for not photographing and blogging about it. I probably won’t get any wear out of it this season, because this is a bit of a heavier weight than I anticipated.
I used Blue Moon Fiber Arts Gaea Sport in Every Day Gray for the main color, and Marina for the contrast color. It’s really more like a DK weight in person. I made the smallest size to account for the gauge difference, but I wish I had reduced the number of increases, like my KAL gal pal Angela did, so the skirt would be less full.
I think this would work well with a thin and light cardigan on top, and it probably won’t see much wear from me till early fall. Wanting to wear my knitted item right away is usually the best motivation to get me to photograph things, because I want to capture them before any of life’s potential hazards (coffee spills, fuzz from wearing, etc.) have a chance to take hold.
The pattern is extremely easy to follow, is well-written, and produces a cute skirt. I knit 2 inches between the pocket and the contrast color to add a bit of length. I also made the pocket about 1.25″ deeper. I left off the daisy stitch at the pocket for a more streamlined look. I think those were my only mods, aside from accidentally getting yarn in a heavier weight. I think this skirt would be great in fingering weight. Maybe I’ll make another in a lightweight yarn for the summer.