As soon as I got Paloma off my needles and cast on an Ease for Matt. My gauge is slightly different from the pattern, as mine is 17 sts over 4 inches since I decided to do this on an 8. I made it more masculine by making the neck narrower. To do that without doing much math I started with the numbers for the smallest size and increased until I got the chest size I wanted (about 42 inches).
I was so happy when I got to put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn. Those rows felt like they were taking ages. I’m going to add a few decreases to make the waist a bit narrower than the chest, and I won’t make the ribbing at the hips as long as called for in the pattern. I will also likely omit the rolled sleeve cuffs.
The sweater season continues!